New York trip report – 2013 & some Coney Island

Posted: July 16, 2013 in New York, Travel
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

short and sweet

bye bye NY

bye bye NY

Each and everytime I visit NY I discover something new to me…..

Highlights:

My first trip to Coney Island. It was time to bring out the child in us with a spin on the wonder wheel and a ride on the Cyclone. Yikes!!!

Nathan’s was a must and I ate every bit! So did a lot of other people. It was packed. We walked to Brighton. I would like to explore more in this area one day.

Old favorites: Strawberry Fields, Bethesda fountain, Alice and cold Corona anywhere.

We stayed at the International Youth Hostel so some of the pics are a display about the building history. It’s been revamped in the cafe and I really like it with much more choices for food and longer hours.

The heavens poured upon departure. While waiting for the Megabus, a handsome man hopped out of a cab and I thought oh that’s photo worthy in an otherwise boring line. I consider him our parting gift. I’ll take it 🙂

cya next time NY!

Comments
  1. Pat says:

The Cyclone was my favorite ride since I was a kid. Also had gone on the Parachute jump. Last time I was in NY, I also went to Bethesday Fountain — that was my handout in the 60s….always loved Alice!

2. GiannettaJ says:

fun fun fun trip I won’t soon forget and I’ll get back to Brooklyn. I usually don’t ride roller coasters but for some reason, this one is special.

3. Jenny says:

OK that’s it….Coney Island including Nathan’s and a walk along the boardwalk to Brighton next trip…not sure about the Cyclone tho’ !!!!!

4. Pat says:

So you walked the boardwalk from Nathans area to Brighton? That’s a long walk. But hey, J, you love long walks! 😉

• GiannettaJ says:

I did !!! (with the bad knee) couldn’t walk it back though so we took the local train back to the start, I want to visit that international market in Brighton. I didn’t have directions with me.

5. Howard says:

Want to copy posts from other pages rewrite them in seconds
    and post on your website, or use for contextual backlinks?
    You can save a lot of writing work, just type in google:
    Daradess’s Rewriter